29/03/2007

you make that sound like a simple question...

off the top of my head: conceptually i'm interested to traverse layers of process. to take my designs and aesthetic explorations across multiple spaces. to bring digital images into the real environments, take real ones into the digital space and back again... to photograph my computer graphics and re-draw vectors over the top... to scan drawings and manipulate them digitally.

i like the artifacts that develop in these transitions - like a corner of unfocus in an image that only a camera lense can create... or jpeg compression on a painted texture.

in terms of content and form - i hope to be more diciplined to explore certain themes repeatedly - other than starting completely fresh every time i sit down. Specifically, to bring graphic life to my missformed haiku texts... oh and I've been obsessed with dots... and pastel colour gradients...

I guess there's no message or cause other than exploration and expression itself.

telafonica is welcome to anything really.

No comments: