16/04/2007

Let's just publish books, make magazines etc as well as everything else there is to do!!

What I love about the Miranda July site is that it illustrates the versatility of good concepts. The execution of the sight flows naturally from the idea… rather than controlling or distorting it. I like the way that the site is used to serve one purpose as you said – I love the idea of making websites as a project in themselves, rather than a platform to present multiple projects / information / products. This kind of thing does exist around the web, but it’s not something I’ve ever really done. It’s nice because it allows you to do things that would never work in a normal context where flexibility and longevity are such key design factors.

The neubau site is integrated with their body of work so nicely. I love the wall of sound approach – I like the way it blurs the line between a site that shows work and a site that is work in itself. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about how we could present content on the new telafonica site – trying to decide how much to separate different elements, or perhaps allow every ‘item’ on the site to be one ‘project’ and show all these projects together… www.mylleager.dk is an nice example where all the content is basically placed in one section, but you can sort how you’d like it to appear. I do like the idea of treating everything equally, and allowing a user to sort through it…

In terms of the album title, I’m all for a title, though what are your current thoughts on the EP? Did you get my blog comments about that?** I feel like the EP approach gives us the ability to continue full steam while still allowing some time for the full album to develop. I’m certainly happy to decide on names for both as soon as possible. I haven’t had any major inclinations, but I’ll give it some more focused thought.

**I’m not sure whether it’s best to post specific and quick responses to posts as comments – or try to make a new post each time. Thoughts?

I have signed up for a Monday night six a side comp which starts next Monday… not sure what time the game will be on. What about this Wednesday? I really need to get these other files to you.

Post script: did you ever get a response from the victor x-ray remix? Also - Did I mention I got the new LCD album? It’s quite wonderful in my opinion.

No comments: