06/06/2007

disconnect

It does work well to have links and info down the side of the site. It does feel like it’s changed the focus of the blog somewhat. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it almost seems to place this dialogue at the core and everything else is a side note. I wonder if we could use just links that jump to catalogue, profile, bio etc rather than listing things out so much.

Could we make a new title for ‘other blogs we contribute to’ so it only goes on one line. I was going to do it the other day, but my mind went blank when I tried to make a new title.

Html holes. Urg. I will try to get a look at it asap. Is it the new version of IE we’re talking about?

Interesting comments about the zine thing. It’s interesting when limitations become a design focus. Sometimes this works wonderfully well, but other times it feels… well limited. I think a designer’s motivation for using materials or techniques does bleed into the design – whether it be just by means of sub conscious influence. So, when something is made a certain way just because there was no choice it shows in the design – but when a limitation is embraced, stretched, explored and inverted – the whole thing becomes not about limitations but possibilities.

I’m really interested in the contrast of complex or detailed black overprints on simple bold colours; perhaps coloured paper or colour screen prints, stencils or free painting. I had actually used a coloured circle on the blog header design which I then removed for some unknown reason! It would be great to use a whole bunch of papers in one booklet.

No comments: