04/05/2009

telafonique, je t'aime

I've been playing around with the mini piano accordion this week - takes a bit of getting used to, and I'm still quite dreadful at it. Anyway, I've come up a sort of melancholic melodic line, with some sparse piano accompaniment, which I imagine would be at the beginning and end of a song, and quite separate from the main part of the song. I don't know if this could be the 'slopecard maniac/space cowboy/et cetera' song, but anything's possible. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I've finally started one. I might play it for you tomorrow evening. What time's practice?

2 comments:

ajebec said...

etcetera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZofFpizK04

the moments of particular note come at 0:55 and 1:55.

i really think i should grow a moustache.

mind you, i think i could look just like that backing vocalist/tambourinist without too much effort.

Eliza said...

Haha, that's a classic! I didn't know it was by The Turtles. They're swell.

I agree - you're about 100 hairbrush strokes away from being the tambourine man.